Friday, May 1, 2020

Happenings in My Smaller World

Hello,



I have decided to use my mother’s china more frequently. I like the pattern which is very simple. There are two drawbacks to using it: it is not to be put in the dishwasher, but I do not have one here so that does not matter, also it is not for use in the microwave and I like to warm things up on the plate that I eat it from. Yesterday I dropped and broke a small plate while doing dishes. Leroy wondered, “Will you stop using it now?”



After some reflection, I decided to use it as often as I wanted. Just sitting on a shelf or in a box really does not help the world be a better place?



This morning I went to the community garden and dug every dandelion that I spotted. I had hoped to eat some of them, but they still did not appeal with their low lying leaves. Leroy read on the Internet that there are multiple varieties of dandelion. These are just not my eating favorite. It I were hungry with no other source of food, I would be working on them.



I did my morning stretch live again this morning. I believe that no one was watching. One of my friends, who came to the library all the time to participate, told me that he liked this because he could do it later in the day. I personally would find someone who has a professional looking tape. At the library, I did have a fairly loyal group of between seven and thirteen people. Part of the joy of it was our interactions with each other and that is not there now.



I got a notice from my step tracker that I have a Nile badge which means I have walked the same number of miles that the Nile meanders through, 4,132. Since I have never seen the Nile I really do not know the force of its movement. I wish I knew what year this tracking started. But I am pleased to still keep on putting one foot in front of the other. These days of less work time have certainly given me time for more stepping.



Paula

No comments: