Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

Hello,



Not much of excitement to the day, but we are well and that is important. We walked two times, but I still want to go out once more to get my full amount of steps. We thought it might rain on us for our second walk, but it just made a few drops and blew on over.



We had a nice video chat with our children. It was a good connection time. Grateful for technology and the ability to learn how to use it.



We are both doing quite a bit of reading. I like to play games, but I do not think Leroy is much into that as he never or rarely suggests it. Perhaps it is because the games I want to play, I frequently win. He likes winning.



It is supposed to warm up this week so we have shared a list of plants that we would like to have in the community garden with the person who will make the purchases.  We are hoping that everything will grow strong and good.



I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow.  Our food supply is getting low. I tried to make corn bread yesterday. There were no eggs, but I forged ahead figuring we would see what it was like. Then I learned that the cow’s milk has soured since I tried to make it last two weeks and there was almost no almond milk. It resulted in a new thing that was thicker than a taco and shorter than corn bread. We both rather liked the crunchy result. I used both whole corn meal and whole wheat flour so it had a lot of fiber.



Paula

No comments: