Monday, May 25, 2020

Cleaning out file folders

Hello,



It is a quite day at home for us, or at least that is how it started. I was looking for the warranty on a “safe” can opener. That search turned into flipping through all the warranty files that we have. Some papers were still in that space even though we no longer have the item. I would have sworn that one of had gone through these files just recently, but apparently that is not true. There were not a huge number of papers; however it is enough to lighten the load. I also like to put papers in there with the purchase date so if there is any question about when we got some item I can answer that question.



Our safe can opener no longer works and I was curious about how long we had had it, but no answer to that question. It seems to me it would be about three years old. Not nearly a long life.



We do like that style so we will probably get another like it, but perhaps a different brand.



This morning we went for a nice bike ride with another couple. We practiced social distancing, but did not wear a mask most of the time. We just tried to talk loudly across the distance. The man has a hearing issue so that required some repetition from time to time. It was a fun time. There were not so many people on the trail yet so that was good. We went home past the church and community garden. That meant that we so few other people or cars as we took small streets. I am glad we went in the morning because it is now quite hot.



A friend just stopped by with some sourdough starter that she started herself. We kept our distance. She put it on the sidewalk and walked away so I could pick it up. Social distancing can be done, especially outside. It was nice to visit with her for a little while. She is at the point where she can give starter away. I fed it and wondering if I can make some bread in about two days. Years ago I made my own starter and liked it very much, but it became a burden after a while. I hope to keep this going for some time.



Paula

No comments: