Friday, May 29, 2020

Weeding

Hello,



This afternoon we rode our bikes over to church to weed the front (it is really the back, but it feels like the front because it is the door we always use) flower bed which is now under our care. We took along a bag to bring the weeds home and put them in the compost. It was great to be there because we saw three other people. We were able to visit a little with social distancing and they were wearing masks. Leroy and I thought we might see no one so we did not bring masks.



On the way home we stopped to get more Red Russian Kale. While I cut the kale, Leroy pulled a few more weeds. It was so satisfying to be out in the wonderful sunny, cool air. I took another long walk this evening just to soak up some more of the great outdoors. I love looking at the trees with their full canopy of leaves.



I went to the grocery store this morning, thinking I would start going on Fridays again. However it seemed there were more people and not so many wearing masks. Perhaps that is because our state is now quite open even though there is a caution to practice good basic personal care of self and others; I am not sure how that is interpreted by all.



A friend gave me some sourdough starter. I made the bread today. I thought it seemed quite sour, but all in all we both liked it. I will certainly keep it going for a while. I used half white flour and half whole wheat. Next time I will increase the whole wheat portion and lower the white portion to see had that goes.



Paula

No comments: