Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My Crazy Shopping Trip

Hello,



Early morning seems to have the least other shoppers on the scene. After breakfast we were still at the table reading devotions when I realized it was getting late. Leroy read a little faster and I put off until later writing down thoughts. I grabbed a coupon that I had received for a defective electric toothbrush. This would buy four more and the coupon expires at the end of June. There is a concern in this house by all members that it might be forgotten if put off too long which is a waste of $30. A new can opener was also on the list.



There seemed to be more cars in the lot than expected, but the store was not busy. No close contact until check out. A live checkout person seemed to be the best with this coupon since it said that scanning it would not work. First this young woman could not get the security device off the toothbrush package. She tried the extractor in the spot next to us with no luck. Then she sought out a coworker. Still no luck! Another worker came up and he told her just to let it go after he also could not get it off. I perhaps raised my eyebrow because they assured me, “He is in security, so it will be alright.”



When she tried to use the coupon it did not work so she got some help with that. I carried the letter that came with it in case there were an issue, but it was ok. It had to be keyed in differently. As I was leaving the poor girl apologized for the delay. “That is ok, I am just glad there was not a line of people becoming upset.” She whole heartedly agreed.



The buzzer went off as I left the building, I stopped, looked around, no one came, and it stopped almost immediately. It was ok.



I got a new manual can opener. I hope it works well for a long time because I paid twice as much as I had the last time. Some cheaper openers are only about a fifth of the price. Perhaps I go a little crazy in the morning?



I had carried hand sanitizer with me, but forgot to use it before getting in the car to come home. At home I took cleaner out and cleaned the door handles and steering wheel. Hopefully all will be good. I believe it will be, I am not as careful as I once was, but I try not to be careless of myself and others.



Paula

No comments: