Monday, May 11, 2020

Smoke in the Air

Hello,



I have now considered and I believe that I will be shopping once a week rather than every two weeks as it is a bit daunting to remember everything even with a list. The store did not seem so full at the time recommended by a friend. I was also pleased to see that almost everyone was wearing a mask and only two people did not observe the directional signs on the counters and on the floor. For reasons that I do not understand there was no quick cooking steel cut oats for the third time when I was there. I forgot to ask at check out if there was a time when it came in. They have the long cook, but I do not really want to fuss with that so it is back to the regular quick oats for us in the morning. Everything else that was on the list was in the store. Not so much hoarding going on now, I suppose. There is talk of a meat shortage, but I do not buy meat so that does not affect us.



I hung out a load of clothes early this morning before going grocery shopping. But I did not check it until after Leroy helped me put groceries away, and we ate lunch. We also watched live the funeral of a dear friend from Ely. This was the first live funeral we have attended. Apparently I put up the link because someone thanked me for doing so, but I have “no clue” how I did that. Skilled?



Before I washed dishes I brought in some of the clothes, perhaps a third of the total. I smelled smoke almost as soon as I stepped out to get the rest. I do not know which neighbor was burning, but we have three neighbors who think burning is the way to get rid of wood scraps. I do not like the effect on clean clothes. Unfortunately I do not often know ahead of time that there will be smoke. Today I could not see where it was coming from. If I were more assertive I might talk to the culprit since this is not a condoned activity.



Paula

No comments: