Saturday, May 30, 2020

Just around the neighborhood

Hello,



This morning I helped my downstairs neighbors by sharing some of my oven space. I also had some room in the refrigerator to store things for them overnight.



This afternoon Leroy and the downstairs friend put up a long extension ladder. Leroy climbed up with a small bucket of water and three clothes along with explicit instructions from me about how to wash the outside of the one window that does not open. It all went well, however as I was watching I thought, “I might think about what is worse, the virus or falling off the ladder from the second story of a rather tall house?”



The window is now clean. It had not been cleaned in the eight years we have lived here. Even though I wanted it clean I have not pushed too hard to get that done because of the height.



Leroy packed up all of the things that need to go back to the museum and stored them in the car. The computer is still in here, but it is so nice to see so much space in the spare bedroom. Leroy will work from the museum starting Monday. All staff will be there, but the building will not be open to the public for a week or two.



I will also go to work on Monday with about the same situation some staff there, but no public entrance yet. We will be wearing masks and keeping some distance apart.



We also went to the community garden and pulled some weeds as well as spreading more mulch. It was quite a busy day. We seem to find plenty to occupy us in neighborhood.



Paula

No comments: