Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Haircut, Kale, and Columbia

Hello,



Yesterday Leroy cut my hair for the second time. I think he did a nice job. I also believe that my curls help hide any mistakes that might be there. There was one clump behind my ear that I did cut off because it seemed to be missed; otherwise it is exactly like he did it.




A red Russian kale plant went to seed in the community garden last fall. Apparently there were many seeds because there are now many small kale plants. We have enjoyed lots of salads from it. I dug up some and brought it home because it is going to have to be pulled eventually. I have a hard time doing that. How can this nutritious power house be treated like a weed? Part of the bit that I brought home, I shared with a neighbor behind us who is working on his garden. He seemed pleased to get it. The other bits languished for days. However, my downstairs friends convinced someone to take some home to plant. Last night I went across the street and asked that neighbor if they wanted it. They did not, but they had a guest who took all of the rest of it. I hope it creates some good meal additions for all of these people.



Our friends from Columbia called this weekend. It was good to hear from them. They are doing well. Because they have enough land to move around on and tend, they are busy. One of them is over 70 and the other is over 80. She worded it, “We are not allowed to leave our place. Anything we need is brought to us.” I am glad they can stay safe even if confined.



Paula

No comments: