Thursday, May 28, 2020

Moving the Body

Hello,



Every Thursday I lead some stretching and just waking up the body type moves. It used to be on live FB, but now it is a Zoom meeting. This morning no one was there three minutes ahead. At about two minutes after a young woman joined me. She is from a town some distance from Ely. I was surprised. After introducing ourselves we got started. In order to do these moves and be seen, I must go some distance from the computer as it cuts off my head. Surely people would not like to be led by a headless woman? Consequently I do not see the screen very well, especially any small print. I only learned when I was done that two of my regulars were in the waiting room. I know I should move closer to the screen and check from time to time, but it is hard to remember to do that when I am intent on going from one move to the next.



I believe that I am not doing enough moving on the days I do not have tai chi or my morning stretch even though I always get my 10,000 steps done. Seems to me I have begun to sag quite a bit and hunch my shoulders forward. When all this is over you might not even recognize me, sagging and bagging. Is it too much time using the computer?



Reading could also be a culprit, but I try to keep good posture at that pastime too. I am reading, “Black Death at the Golden Gate: the race to save America from the bubonic plague”. By David K. Randall. I am finding it to be interesting. Even though it is nonfiction it reads almost like fiction with some parallels to the current time. Does this go with the Biblical statement, “There is nothing new under the sun”?



More inventions and new ways of doing things, but do people really change?



Paula

No comments: