Saturday, May 2, 2020

What Happens When?

Hello,



Our stimulus checks, with direct deposit, came, just when I was thinking it was not going to happen. Now the question is how to spend them and what makes the most positive impact for the most vulnerable economic people in this area.



Leroy, with consultation, ordered a new teapot. We are certainly looking forward to its arrival. It certainly is not two day shipping as it has been a week now. The teapot we are using requires a towel under it to catch drips. It is also imperative not to fill it beyond a certain place or it is even more likely to spew out copious amounts of tea in the first cup that is poured. We do not use the cozy on it because it very quickly became a tea stained, saturated item. That means the tea is cold much sooner than the time it takes us to finish the tea in the pot. Can you tell I am not a fan of this pot? I know it is a small thing in the whole of life, but…



This morning Leroy washed three more window screens, while I washed three more windows. Making the total finished six clean and sparkling windows. We do not want to get too carried away and sap our enthusiasm by doing ten at once.



While we had a window open this morning a bumble bee flew in and went to the bathroom window, flapping wildly to get out. Unfortunately that was one of the windows that already had a screen. Leroy kept an eye on this visitor while I fetched a small jar and a slightly stiff paper to slip under it. I gingerly advanced on this critter, held the jar out at arm’s length, captured it on the sill, and slide the paper under while it frantically tried to escape. Leroy opened doors for me as I held tight to the jar and paper. I could feel it beating against the sides of the jar or paper. Outside I held the jar as far away from me as I could, placed it on the surface, and took the paper away. The poor creature tried to go out the wrong end for a little bit before it zoomed out the open end and away. So happy! I did not want that bee to sting me.

Paula

No comments: