Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Quiet Day


Hello,

Leroy and I are just enveloped in silence. We have straightened up the place and sit to read. No one wants to play a game except me. No one is talking much, no one is singing, or dancing. We might have to change all that. I again have some great fingerprint reminders on the windows of little girls looking for the squirrels.

This afternoon we did walk for a little more than a mile. I had to use the bathroom otherwise we might have stayed out longer. I forgot, Leroy’s feet were getting cold so he did want to come in. We bundled up and I thought it felt generally good. I even took off my gloves as my hands were getting warm.

Leroy has worked on his stamp collection. He is happy to report that he has gotten all but three of the 2012 US stamps. Now he needs to put them in his album.

He also tried to put some of the songs from the cassette tapes on the iPod. Even though Andy had showed him the procedure, it did not happen. Part of the problem is, according to Leroy, “Andy went so fast that I did not always see what he had done.”

Neither Leroy nor I are audio learners. We do best with written directions. Spoken directions are good, but we need more. Perhaps the best learning experience is when we have written directions with someone guiding us as we do it. It is so we make the moves and remember them. Guess that would be called hands on learning.

Tomorrow I will pot my two amaryllis bulbs. I certainly hope they bloom, but if not, I am patient and can wait for another year. The potting soil was frozen in the garage so it is resting in the house overnight to thaw and become usable.

Paula

No comments: