Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Work Tomorrow


Hello,

The last date I was at work was December 17. It will almost seem like a new idea when I go back. But it is only for one day this week so it should not tax my system. Just what do I do there anyway?  I was going to have a fairly long break for the holidays and sickness added to that time by two days.

At least the roads are clear and I now feel better although I am still tired easily and light coughing seems to have returned.

I did get out and walk today. According to my pedometer I logged 2.5 miles in that walk. The blue sky kept me going even though I needed to look down frequently because many people do not clear their sidewalk very well. On the flip side I am so grateful for all those who have only the clearest cement showing. Even there I must still pay a bit of attention because there are numerous cracks that could trip.

Today I potted my amaryllis bulbs. They seemed small, but then I know that Leroy thought that he could cut off some of the roots when he dug them. Hopefully that will not matter as much to them as it did to me.

We use the attic stairs as our cool place, cool but not frozen. That is where I have been keeping the bulbs along with potatoes, oranges, apples, squash, and the last three rutabagas. All of them seem good except the rutabagas that are quite limp. Much of life is a learning experience.

While the children were here I put most of the houseplants on the land lord’s steps. I was quite happy to welcome them back into the house.

Just now I remember that we have choir practice tonight. I did not need to walk this afternoon. It will add another two miles to the distance covered. I like singing and walking, but I should have napped to charge my low energy cells.

Paula

No comments: