Saturday, January 5, 2013

Shopping


Hello,

Shopping is taking on a new place in life. I returned something and came out with two different new items. One was a pair of black khaki pants for Leroy. They were $60 pants marked down to $4. Then at check out they rang up at $3. Leroy found them a little tight, but said he could manage, especially at that price. There is an inside button so they could be looser if he does not clip the outside hook. A belt hides any indiscretions. Leroy always wears a belt so that is not a problem. I figure that is close to the excitement of winning the lottery.

Our bathroom scale needed new batteries. I got some at the first store for $7 wondering about how much we care about our weight. At the second store I found those same batteries for just $4.39. I bought some more and will take the first set back. I might have thought $4 was a bit much to know my weight, but it now looks cheap. Perspective makes such a difference.

I acted like it was my birthday and bought DVDs for Pilates, Tai Chi, and reflexology. It just was my birthday, but I did not get any mad money to spend. These DVDs only cost $4 a piece so it was also a good deal. I have not yet looked at them. I am hoping for great content. With exercise DVDs it is not always a sure bet.

Today Leroy and I found an iPod dock that also has a clock radio included in its very small size. It also has an analog clock and a digital as well as two alarms. We think it was a great deal at $15. Most of them that we have seen have been above $30 and closer to $50. So even if it does not have the best sound in the west our insensitive ears will never know the lack.

We took a short walk today, but did not exercise, tomorrow, tomorrow. Shopping requires quite a bit of walking, breathing, and deciding. That is surely exercise.

Paula

No comments: