Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Seeing


Hello,

Leroy will be getting new glasses. He had been complaining that he could not see very well as he snatched his glasses off. Instead of getting stronger, the new glass will be weaker. Apparently he has the beginning of cataracts and they actually help his vision. Seems strange to me, but he is pleased that he went in. He is also using up the last of our flexible spending dollars. I had been rather upset with the amount of money he had taken out, but he kept assuring me that we could spend it all. I think that has now happened. Since it is from his check, I have mostly stayed out of the area and let him handle it. The way the money comes back to us is in the form of a debit card. He was all upset about that card because he never got the card. In the last week or so he learned that it was sent to the old address at work and then sent back to the company. He now has that card in hand and we can start using that money. It seems to me that money controls too much of our conscious. How do we let that happen?

At least Leroy’s glasses do not cost as much as mine. He only spends a bit over $300. The new frames are twins of his current frames and they only cost $18. But I say, defending myself, I wear my glasses every day so I want something that looks good. Also because of the strength of the prescription my choices are limited. I also pay for the thinnest lens possible because I want to look better. Vanity is a stronger motivator than I realized. However, I cannot control the extra cost for the more extreme nearsightedness. Also I get plastic lens because of the breakage possibility. When I was 15 they told me that I must not get glass again because I would need safety glasses and that would be too heavy. I am grateful that we can both afford to get new glasses when we need them. What a wonderful thing to see the leaves, the birds, and even you. When looking in the mirror without glasses I can say that I really look good, kind of misty and fuzzy.

Paula

No comments: