Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happenings


Hello,

With the temperatures in the single digits, we walked briskly to church. The previous days’ warm sun had cleared the sidewalks so we did not have to watch for ice. The wind had quieted from the blustery blowing last night so it was not as uncomfortable as anticipated. In fact I almost got warm before we were done. Leroy and I are getting a reputation for walking to church as some people drive by us so they know we did not just come from the parking lot. “How far did you walk,” is the usual question.

“Just a mile,” I generally reply.

“A mile, that is far,” was this morning’s response.

I did have on my cuddle dud’s pants, wool sweater, a warm scarf as well as my recess coat that I probably got back in 1995. It is not really such a warm coat, but it is long, has a hood that protects my face as it flops over my forehead. I can see the ground, but I must pull it up to cross the street and see farther than four feet in front of me. I still like this coat. Leroy wears a very heavy coat, complete with a good facemask. In our neighborhood we look as if we might be hiding our identity and have a sinister motive for being out and about.

The 999 piece puzzle is finished. One piece is missing from the middle of the South Dakota license plate. This puzzle is a picture of the states’ car license put in the geographic spot in the shape of the US. The hardest part was the random shapes as well as not a square edge to the outside. It is interesting at times I thought there were too many pieces and then towards the end I thought there were not enough.

I am going to pass the puzzle on with a note telling which piece is missing. Wouldn’t want anyone to get frustrated looking for that non-existent piece.

Paula

No comments: