Monday, January 21, 2013

Cold


Hello,

It was cold enough that Leroy did not even discuss riding the bike. We are grateful to have two cars so that we can both go to work at different times. Sometimes we consider getting rid of one car, but because of days such as today that we kept both of them. It is expensive to justify keeping two vehicles when one of them sits for many days in a row. It could almost be all summer that it would not be used. But then there are the rain days. However if the bus schedule were a bit more compatible with Leroy’s work schedule it would be ok to have one car even when raining or cold.

Leroy and I do not control our heat as the thermostat is in the landlord’s space. We can talk about it and negotiate, but over all we go with the flow of warm or cold. I like to sleep in a cold room. It is now a little warm for me, but today I decided to put on the flannel sheets in a nod to the colder temps outside. It was colder in the bedroom last night. I suppose the heat is sucked out faster.

I did not walk today, but have done the warm up and first part of the Tai Chi form using the DVD that I got. I find even the warm up exercise certainly gets things moving. It is surely exercising my brain to deal with left and right when facing someone who is using the opposite hand or leg than I want to.

Leroy had gotten a heavy sweatshirt when in Utah last year. He wore it frequently when he started work but has not since. He is now in a warmer place, plus he is seen by the public and must dress more formally. While doing my meditation and devotions in the kitchen this morning I felt cold and remembered that sweatshirt. It felt wonderfully comfortable when I pulled it on. Nice that Leroy and I are almost the same size. In honor of the cold I will wear a wool sweater to work. I’m hoping that the heat has not been turned up.

Paula

No comments: