Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lovely Snow


Hello,

It was a very nice snow of about five or six inches. Shoveling was a bit hard because of the wetness making it heavy and sticky. A snow man came to mind, but in the end I got tired of shoveling, went in to rest and did not return. Is that a sign of aging? Where are children when I need them to draw me out?

Last night our special girls were in and on their best behavior. It was quite pleasant to have them there. “Are they growing up?” I asked when they were gone.

At the end of the week last week I wondered what I would do when I got to work. Silly me! On Monday my desk was half full of books ready to be catalogued. Then there were at least ten messages from interlibrary loan. Two more boxes of books arrived at the end of the day. I did not even open them. Tuesday when I came to work I saw that my entire desk was now full and there were six messages about interlibrary loan. Before the end of the day I managed to make a hole in the pile of books, concentrating on the ones that people were asking for. Someone thought I might feel overwhelmed, but I just am happy to have work to do.

Thankfully, I did not work today. Roads should be clear tomorrow or at least passable. I am also working on Saturday so I should not have worked on Tuesday. It was nice that I forgot because no one else remembered to come in and open up. I will not work next Tuesday which will be fine if I can remember.

Paula

No comments: