Wednesday, January 9, 2013

More Learning


Hello,

I thought I would look at Facebook on the iPod this morning. It seemed that maybe I would use that as an easy way to check, but I am mostly content with checking just once a day. It again took me a long time to put in my password for that account. I was finally successful when it allowed me to see what I was putting in and I could correct it before going on. Now, how that gave that option, I have no idea so I could not possibly duplicate that maneuver. Gratitude was my response.

As I was going into FB it asked if I did not want to have FB deliver news. Mistake for me! I did not read the entire blurb. Now I cannot get into my friends list, etc., but it wants to show me songs I might like or other media that I do not care about. What a waste!  I do not have a clue how to even get out of that place as nothing I have tried works; instead I have to switch back to the iPod main menu to move to something else. What did I learn? I really should not click yes to anything when I do not understand the entire issue. Have I positively learned this? Who knows? Again I feel ready to chuck this thing out the window.

I am also disappointed in that docking radio that we bought on Saturday because the radio station does not come in very clearly. Perhaps I should not blame it as the other two radios in the house are also not so very distinct.

Someone commented that we are acquiring more; not getting rid of things. We do intend to get rid of the stereo. At one point I said, “Forget about the music on the records and cassettes.”

Leroy was determined to save that music. Now he says, “Let’s just get rid of all the cassettes and records.” While I, in the meantime, have gone to the idea of getting that music on the iPod. I do listen to music on the iPod. I suppose that will happen more, even though I like a lot of silent time. Besides I get bent out of shape trying to find a song that has no name in my mind that I want to listen to. If that is a complicated sentence it is because it is a complicated process.

Paula

No comments: