Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Work and Dents


Hello,

It was fun to be back at work. I enjoy interacting with the people there. Even one of the girls who has made life not as joyful came in last night. Her mother was there as well and it was good to meet her. It helps to give a better picture of her life. From comments others have made the girls who created such issues have been easier to deal with. Does that mean they are growing up? We are getting better at connecting with them? Or they just do not feel like being annoying right now?

I was tired by the time I came home, but I was not late. For some reason it is hard for me to sleep when I have not been sitting quietly at home.

When I drive home, I come up the alley, swing onto the “across alley” neighbors’ drive way so that I can zip into the garage without realigning myself. I have talked to them about this and they totally understand as our garage is almost on the alley proper leaving little or no room to maneuver. Cars may turn on a dime, but I need an even shorter turn. With the addition of snow my space has diminished. There is a pile of snow right in the spot I want to drive into. I hit that pile of snow the other day. Maybe I was coming too fast on the ice or I just wanted life my way. Later Leroy commented that there is a noticeable dent in the front bumper. Oops! I had noticed that banging into that snow/ice post made a big clunking sound, but I was hoping to have gotten away without damage. Oh, why am I so impatient? If it had been Leroy, he would be happy to slither the car around at least three or four different times to get that perfect shot at the garage opening. Well, I now do back up once and get this vehicle perfectly lined up. So no more new dents.

Paula

No comments: