Saturday, January 19, 2013

Visiting


Hello,

Last night Leroy and I visited a couple that we have known since seminary days. It is so amazing that we are living just 36 miles apart. With current traffic conditions it tells me that it would take 54 minutes. I am not sure what it took us last night, but it is more than our hostess expected. But then Leroy and I seldom speed. I suppose that could take five minutes from the time. It is close and that is very nice. We have never lived within such an easy step from any of our classmates. Course that is what happens when you move all around, you get some unexpected pleasures.

We had a wonderful relaxing time with them. It is nice to see them from time to time at other functions.

Yesterday I bought a 25 cent poinsettia. It is quite beautiful even though small. I am pleased to have two of these plants on which to feast my eyes.

I also got Leroy two clearance sweaters. They were both small, but one is too small. It just happened to be the one that we liked the best. I think he should just put up with some tightness, but that is not his style. Comfort comes first. I will not make an extra trip back to exchange it because I cannot remember if there was a similar sweater in medium. I do wish that sizes were more standardized. Both of these sweaters were green. The smaller one was an argyle. Leroy used to have a green sweater, but it was finally worn out. We think that Leroy looks good in green. It would not do to have no sweaters in such a complimentary color which would enhance his looks.

Leroy was pleased to ride the bike yesterday and today. I am a little concerned that he will notice the wind when he comes home tonight. At least he will surely be awake and alert when he gets here.

Paula

No comments: