Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shopping Outing

Hello,

I went shopping in a small town. We have been told the store there has everything. I can tell you that it certainly had a wide variety of items. I did buy a punch bowl ladle. My friend did not buy anything.

In the local diner at lunch we talked about how much we liked shopping and found out that neither of us are “real” shoppers, but now we have been to the place that is highly recommended. If asked we can honestly respond, “I’ve been there.”

It is a nice sunny almost warm day today. Leroy took the one functioning car to the car wash and it was closed so he came home, got out a bucket, and was able to get off the worst of the dirt or mud depending on your criteria. Any way this old car now looks better than it did.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday. I had been having quite a lot of pain in my neck. I think much pain was caused by stress, meaning I tighten my muscles pulling my neck out of line. I feel a little better now, but I still can feel those muscles gripping. I did yoga this morning, but I will ask Leroy to message my neck and shoulders.

I think I have been a little concerned about getting everything ready for this trip. But I did not admit that even to myself. After all I have traveled a bit and it should not bother me, right? Somehow I can conger up all sorts of possibilities. A great imagination is not always a soother. One of the older women in the congregation whose son takes the bus is worried about us getting on the bus. Once her son was to get on where we are and there were no seats for him. That would not be good, but the people who are taking us to the stop can take us to Des Moines. The bus pauses there for 20 minutes so we can no doubt get on there but I hope we do not have to do that.

I did get the paper stopped so one more thing to cross off my list. I suppose I should clean the house some, but I am not excited about doing that. I will wash clothes on Monday so most clothes will be clean. Monday I will give my neighbor the keys and show her where all of the plants are and the watering can so she can take care of my babies. All of my Christmas cactus will be blooming, as will two of the amaryllis. Here are some begonias that I have been keeping alive.

Paula

No comments: