Saturday, January 3, 2009

Company tonight

Hello,

Leroy invited the Ukrainian pastor and his family to supper tonight. Now we hope they understood which Saturday Leroy was talking about. Leroy lost their phone number so he can not call them back. He knows they have five children, but we have no idea if all of the children are coming or not.

I mostly did nothing stressful this morning. Leroy has been home to help this afternoon. He made sure the kitchen floor was clean, put leaves in the table, moved a Christmas cactus out of danger, set the table, and made a run back to the store to get some juice and more milk. While he was doing all of that I boiled ravioli and put it in the crock pot, made a dutch apple bread, made ginger bread, and made regular table bread with not as much whole wheat flour as I usually use. Now we think that there is not enough ravioli so I will also make a chicken rice pepper dish. In addition there will be broccoli, salad, and fruit to go with the sweets for desert. Do you think it will be enough?

"What if no one comes?" I wanted to know.

"We will just have to call around and see if someone else can come and help us eat some of this food." Leroy said.

Maybe I am enjoying this. Maybe I should have people over more often. It does not seem so bad. One of the problems is that I do not have bottled water or soda in the house and I get the impression that most people do. I also do not cook with as much sweets so I feel like I do not measure up to other people’s standards. I guess I should just not think about it because most people just want to be included and thought of. After all, one meal not to their liking will not hurt them. Tomorrow they can eat at home the way they like.

Paula

No comments: