Saturday, January 17, 2009

More Wildlife

Hello,

As we were in Des Moines driving across one of the rivers Leroy said, "Oh wow a bald eagle."

I glanced, but did not see it since I was driving. "Oh I do not think I should try too hard to see it," I moaned, "There is too much traffic."

"You would have had a hard time seeing it because it was in the air almost above the car," Leroy then informed me.

On the way home I looked out and saw a flock of wild turkeys feeding in a field. Just in the same field, but a little to the side was a herd of deer. Before we got home I saw two more deer herds. Because Leroy was now driving he missed some, but not all of these animals.

Leroy’s scab has fallen off his hand. That was just a couple days ago. I had wanted to pick at it since it looked so dry, but Leroy was very protective of it. Now it almost looks normal. He got the lab report back and it was not cancerous. No idea what it was, but since it was benign we do not concern ourselves about it.

I have gained weight. One of the cold days I was going to wear some wool pants to a concert in town. However, after I sat down in them I realized that I did not want to sit for long. Luckily I sat before I left home. I put on some other pants that I have always thought were very big and they did not seen so big. The concert was enjoyable and preformed by the wind ensemble from Central College.

The Lock-in at church does not start until 8:00 so I will be up later than my usual bedtime. I think I will come home in the morning to take a shower so my hair will be more presentable, although I could still wash it in the sink at church. I have until 7:30 tonight to make up my mind about that.

Paula

No comments: