Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Tree

Hello,

The Christmas tree is still standing in the living room. After notes from my sisters (blood and otherwise), I am leaving the tree up a little longer. After all it has not been there for a month and I do enjoy the lights at night. Tonight Leroy has meetings so I might put on some music, turn on the tree lights, turn out the room lights, lie on the floor and just soak it up.

I walked to the Dr. to get my tetanus shot this morning. It was cold so I walked the famous Leroy Bradway pace. As I approached the building I realized that I had somehow switched the times in my mind and I was there early for an appointment that was at ten to nine. My appointment was really at 9:10. I decided to walk some more and enjoyed the time out in the invigorating air.

Leroy came home for lunch, pounded up the stairs laughing and said, "I am losing my mind. I was almost home when I realized that I drove the car this morning."

When he left to go back to work I laughed and reminded him, "Remember you have to rescue the car."

It seems to me the very funny part about it is that Leroy probably never even saw the car as he walked right past it on his way home. Maybe both Leroy and I are over the hill. Does that mean that life will have more laughter and joy because we can not remember the bad things?

To ward off the bites of Kenya mosquitoes Leroy and I have looked rather unsuccessfully for some new bug spray. The only type we found is in a big aerosol can. We do not really want to take that on the plane so we might just use a bottle that is in our possession. It is from 2004.

I also have a 1997 aerosol can of bug spray that is a "souvenir" that our German exchange student left in the house. We did not know what this stuff was. One of Miriam’s friends, who had taken German, read the label pronouncing it hair spray. So one day before church, just as she was ready to go out the door, Miriam proceeded to lavishly spray her hair. Then it was too late to rectify the situation so people must have thought that she was expecting a big bug attack.

I know I should get rid of that can and not move it around, but I can still laugh when I see it. So, I figure it is worth the trouble.

Paula

No comments: