Thursday, January 22, 2009

New "old" Software

Hello,

Yeah! We now have word processing back on the computer. I am happy. No need to figure out publisher. Since this is a newer copy than what I had been using I might have to learn a few things, but I think the learning curve will be within my skill level.

The cut on my finger is healing nicely, but it looks worse because Leroy helped me cut off the skin that was not attached to anything else. It is now starting to scab over.

I am so pleased with the begonia cuttings that I took in the fall. Because of Christmas decorations in the living room I brought them up here where they can soak up the sun in the south window. They look great with pink and red blossoms. The coleus share the window and they are doing well too, but getting a little leggy.

The second amaryllis is hiding a bud, down and almost out of sight. I am happy to see such progress, but I am concerned that they will bloom while I am gone. I need to find someone to come in and water all my plants at least once but I would prefer twice since I think we will be gone almost three weeks and I water at least twice in that amount of time.

It was so warm here that Leroy and I walked over to the track. We put in a half-mile before we walked home again bringing the total walk to 1.5 miles. We have both walked to church: me to quilt and Leroy to work. We will walk over again tonight for bible study. Two church walks add up to three miles so I think we are doing ok today. I did not do yoga or weights, but it was so nice out that I wanted to be outside instead.

Tomorrow it will again be cold and then I can do my yoga or weights. I got some new pants to take to Kenya and I dare not gain an ounce of weight or I cannot wear them. That is unusual for me to buy anything that fits me so closely. My habit is to get things big because I do not like tight clothing. I ordered this so could not try them on ahead of time. Sometimes I have problems because my things are so large that they just float around me and that is not so good. My dad also did not like tight clothes so I must have inherited something.

Paula

No comments: