Sunday, January 11, 2009

Playing Games

Hello,

There was a burning of the greens at the smaller church today so I went along. The festivities included a potluck lunch and games. I took a fruit salad. It is so interesting what people bring to these potlucks. Often there are so many meat dishes and almost no vegetables. Today there was not a single meat dish. One dip had some meat in it, but I suspect it would not count in many people’s minds as a meat dish.

We took along the game Outburst. We had not played that in so long that we had to look at the directions. It was fun. I will have to find someone to play that with again. It, as many games, is best with more than a group of two.

The moon was so beautiful last night. I hope you had the chance to see it. I could see shadows of the trees on the snow.

I was sure that I wanted to have loose tea again because I have a tea ball. When we finally found some in a can I bought it even though was quite expensive by my standards, maybe $17 for the container. Unfortunately we do not like it. We think it has almost no taste. I have added other tea bags to the pot when I make it and that helps. It says on the can that it is "often imitated, but never duplicated". Seems to me to be a pipe dream. Just why anyone would want to duplicate it, I am not sure.

Leroy commented that he could still see the red mark on my arm left by the tetanus shot, but I can move my arm without pain or discomfort. I am so pleased about that. The absence of pain is a real deal that we often do not know about until it leaves. Then we can be thankful for our well being.

We have been in this place a long time. Marketers are finding us. We now have 25 return address labels. Time to move on. Some of the women here were complaining because they get so many of those labels. I said, "Why don’t you give some of your extras to me since I do not have some and I would like some."

"Why would you want that," they wondered, "since it is not your name and address."

"But just think," I responded, "then no one could ever find us."

Paula

No comments: