Saturday, January 24, 2009

Packing

Hello,

“After breakfast I am going to get out a suitcase and start to pack,” Leroy announced.

“I want to do that too,” I told him. I said this partly because I want some input. Even though I have not moved anything I have been thinking about what to put where.

Sarah and Stephen have asked us to bring a suitcase that they can fill for the home trip. We will then store the things at our house or mail them to someone else. I wanted to be sure that I could get all of my things in a carry on bag if they needed the entire large suitcase. Leroy and I both have managed to do that unless we think of more things to take, otherwise we are in good shape. Leroy is only taking one pair of shoes and one pair of sandals. I am taking two pair of sandals wearing a pair of tennis shoes and wondering if that is enough. We are planning on wearing winter clothes on the plane since we will need them before and after the trip. At least the bulky stuff will be on our bodies and we do not have to find room for them.

Now we are considering taking only one carry on bag and packing the other in the larger suitcase since we do not have so much stuff to put in the large case and I hate to have things flying around in there. We are taking a number of books for Sarah and that could damage them.

This morning Leroy remarked, “I think we should turn up the heat here so your amaryllis will bloom before we leave. That is an idea because we keep it fairly cool in the house.

We were pleased to find some insect repellent with very high percentage of DEET and in a small container. It is hard to find these out of season things in a small town, but it is done now.

Paula

No comments: