Friday, January 16, 2009

Staying up late

Hello,

Just as we finished supper Leroy said, "I hate to ask you this, but would you be a chaperone for the overnight at church this Saturday? I need another female."

Somehow this thought had come to me in the afternoon that I would go, so without asking further questions I said, "Yes."

Now I have questions, What do I need to bring? What do I wear to sleep in? Is there any sleeping at these events? These are 8th graders, what will I say to them? Can I come home and shower in the morning? If not my hair will look terrible.

I will be making pizza dough because Leroy asked for that a number of days ago. Now I wonder how much whole wheat flour can I put in that and it will still be acceptable to the normal person? I remember that when my kids were at home I could put quite a lot of whole wheat in the dough and their friends would still eat it.

Leroy and I are going to Des Moines this afternoon. I looked out and it is now snowing. There are supposed to be only flurries and hope that is accurate.

Tomorrow is a workday at church and at the parsonage. So I must be up and active for that. All work is to be done inside but it is to get warmer outside too.

I must organize my things for this shopping trip, because there are some things that I want to buy for our Kenya trip. We still have two weeks before that but we do not often go to Des Moines so I must be prepared now.

Paula

No comments: