Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hurting Arm

Hello,

My arm hurts just on the spot where I got the tetanus shot. It is quite a red bump too. It is the arm that I like to sleep on so I figured out a place that I could lay on it and make it numb. I slept quite well. Today, however, it hurts to raise my arm. I am trying to be disciplined enough to raise my arm since I believe that it will help to dissipate the medicine. I can not tell if it is working or not.

On the health front I am remembered to soak my foot three nights in a row. I think I have removed the callus, but not far enough to get rid of the corn. I will soak some more. Then I have been putting on vinegar, not on bread, but a Band-Aid instead. It also seems to be helping.

Last night I did enjoy the Christmas tree lights. I even got out a set of goofy glasses that cause light to make a prism. It was beautiful.

We have choir practice so I will not be home most of tonight. I walked to church with Leroy this afternoon. It was cold, but I will walk again tonight so that I get in at least three miles of exercise. I do like to have a destination so that I can warm up and feel much more comfortable.

My Ukrainian neighbor is making some jackets for three bridesmaid dresses. I think she is doing this without a pattern. I can not imagine doing such a thing. It would be hopeless for me to attempt such. Her husband told me that his mother, back in the old country, used a sewing machine that was powered by turning something by hand. I am happy to be able to mend with my 37 year-old electric machine.

Paula

No comments: