Monday, January 26, 2009

Plans Made

Hello,

First of all let me say that yes we have insurance and it will pay for most of this. I guess I just thought that might give you an idea of the damage. At bible study this morning Leroy got the names of reliable body shops in town. We find the suggestion of the deputy was low it is now over $4,000. Seems as if we should have a new car when we are done. This is expensive plastic!

This morning Leroy confessed, “I do not want to call the insurance company.”

“I’ll bet you do not want to admit to having an accident and ruining your great clean record.” I went on, “I’ll bet you would be ok if it were me. And you would even tell me that it does not matter.”

“That is right,” he said, “I expect more of myself.”

We went ahead and bought bus tickets to MN. We thought that might be a bit more reliable than our car. It is nice that we can take luggage on the bus and not yet be charged additionally for that. We will figure out how we will get from the bus station to Brian’s house. Then we have to make a trip to the airport the next day. Brian could just take lots of time off? Or we will try very hard to use public transportation. I know that we can at least get closer to their home with that. Then we have to make all of these connections when we return. Fun and challenging, right?

One of the guys at bible study volunteered to take Leroy and I to MN. Generous since this is a 5.5-hour trip with good weather! Instead we have asked him to take us the thirty minutes to meet the bus. He will be out of town when we come back so will make other plans for that.

I remembered to ask someone to water my plants and we will ask our neighbor to shovel our walks should it snow while we are gone. Considering how winters go we are counting on having some snow.

One of the women in church gave me a Traveler’s Journal that she found in a bookstore. I am pleased with that. I had been looking for something to keep notes in, but nothing seemed just right. I am feeling more and more ready for this trip.

Paula

No comments: