Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Hello,

Leroy and I are spending a quiet day after a quiet night, although for reasons I do not understand both of us were awake at 3:00 am.

It is hard to tell it is a holiday. I washed clothes because Leroy was out of underwear. Then I realized I needed to vacuum the flies downstairs so I did the whole level. I got out the sewing machine and created a sweater bag in which I hope it will work to wash sweaters. After that we ate lunch of leftover, but quite delicious soup. We played Boggle and I beat Leroy five out of six games. I volunteered to play Trivial Pursuit because he will win that, but he declined. Leroy had finished a book so we walked to the library to return it and walked around the square on the way home. Then I struggled with writing a Christmas letter to send through the mail. "It is the worst letter I have ever written," I told Leroy as I asked him to proofread it.

The one way that we can tell it is a holiday is because Leroy is home all day. Also most stores downtown are closed, but I noticed that a tavern was open.

We are still struggling with whether to get the yellow fever shots or not. Stephen’s parents had taken it almost ten years ago so it is still ok. Sarah says, "Why don’t you forget it. I have never heard of anyone getting yellow fever in Kenya." We looked today and the altitude of the safari camp is below the recommended altitude and mosquitoes are talked about on their website. We will have to decide this week because it is best to have the shot at least three weeks ahead of travel since it might make us sick.

Paula

No comments: