Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Internet smoking fast

Hello,
Now things do seem to be fixed with the computer. Internet is smoking and I have not had a program freeze yet. I did complain to Miriam that I could not get into my Yahoo messenger, but then about an hour later I realized that I had changed the password and the old one was probably still in there. Sure enough that meant I could get in with the proper password.

I am typing in Microsoft Publisher. It is unfamiliar to me. For instance when I got to the end of the page yesterday the text moved up and it kept going. Later I came back to it and could not get the end of the text. Where did it go? I am not sure, but I was able to retrieve it when I selected all, and proceeded to paste it to the email letter. Miraculously it was all there. It said that I could click on something at the bottom of the page and writing would flow to the next frame, but that did not happen for me. Oh well, Leroy tells me there is a copy of older word processing at church that is not being used and he can bring it home for us. Why our copy does not work we can not figure out. At least with mechanical stuff errors can be seen and attended to in a timely fashion. Are children growing new brains to deal more easily with all of this?
Well I just figured out how to connect frames, but it is in the wrong place in the text. More learning needs to happen.

I am sorry that I did not see the inauguration yesterday. My only excuse is that I was so hung up and engrossed in the computer that I forgot about the time. Now I am sad that I missed it. I did see some of it on the Internet, but not all. I have also read some about it in the paper so I am not totally out of the picture. I realized this morning that it has been eight years since we have been in the country for a presidental inaugration.

A young man just came to the door with a free chance for me to sign up for a drawing for $1000 worth of gas.

"What is the catch?" I wanted to know, 'Will they bug me all the time?"

"No certainly not," he assured me, "No catch. Just fill in your name, address, and phone number."

He visited a bit before he started talking about Kirby Vacuum Cleaners. That was apparently his real reason for being here.

"No you can not clean my house," I said firmly. "I already have a Kirby and do not want to upgrade."

He tried a bit more and then left.

Paula

No comments: