Friday, January 9, 2009

Tired

Hello,

I am tired, but I will write anyway. Yesterday there was quilting at church so I left before 8:00 am. I rode with him so my hair would not get so messed up under a stocking cap that I would need if walking. Some people were already there so I go right to work. Then at about 10:30 I went upstairs and helped set up tables, chairs, and got out silverware. Next it was on to making sandwiches. After that I helped serve, wash dishes, vacuum the floor, and put things away. The only time I sat down was a short minutes before people came in to eat and while I ate my small meal. I got home around 2:00. I walked home then since I figured that my hair did not matter.

I am not used to being on my feet so much. Guess I don’t do real work around here.

Today Leroy asked, "When are you going to take the Christmas tree down?"

Strange that he should ask that because just last night I became tired of it and I wanted to put the furniture back in its former spot. So most of the morning I tried to put things away so they could travel to a new house and not get broken. For some reason I had a bit of trouble getting the same amount of stuff into the boxes.

This afternoon I went to Des Moines with Leroy. He was going to visit someone in the hospital and I wanted to shop a little. I was pleased to get some things on the Christmas clearance aisles.

Tonight we moved the furniture back so the living room resembles its former self. I still need to dust and put back the things that usually reside there. Tomorrow will be time enough for that.

My tetanus shot arm feels almost normal. If you were to tap me on that arm I could tolerate it quite well.

Paula

No comments: