Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lock-in over

Hello,

Well I survived the lock-in and even enjoyed parts of it. Sleeping on the floor is not on the enjoyed list. The kids were really a great group. They laughed and participated with enthusiasm. There were four girls and eleven boys, three more than Leroy had anticipated, but that was not a problem. I suppose I could even be persuaded to participate again.

I suffered the only casualty. Leroy had the lone tube of toothpaste for us. When I reached into his toiletries bag to retrieve it I did not realize that his razor was lurking in the deep dark bottom, consequently I sliced up a good bit of skin on the top of my finger. It is not deep, but it bled enough to make it a seriously satisfying sympathy solicitor. Helping increase the impression of notable wound is the fact that there were no small Band-Aids at the church so I have on a large bandage that covers half my finger.

I did not get much sleep last night because we did not attempt to go to sleep until a bit after 2:00. An earlier sleep time had been scheduled, but the chosen movie was longer than anticipated. I was quite impressed with my alertness at midnight. We were playing an engrossing game so I had no idea it was that late.

I hope to be able to take a nap this afternoon, but I will not get fussed if it does not happen. Leroy is good at daytime sleeping, but I seem not to have mastered the art.

Tonight we have another more social occasion at church. I will bring a salad for that. Leroy will have to cut most of the veggies because of my wound.

Paula

No comments: