Friday, January 23, 2009

eating in -- eating out

Hello,

We invited guests for lunch. I was busy making plans and working on some items when the phone rang. It was our guest telling us that they would not be able to come because of a sick mother who might need immediate care.

After visiting for a while, I asked, “How about if we come to your house and bring lunch?”

“Well, that might work,” she replied, “if you would like to go to all that bother.”

“No bother,” I said, “well maybe a little, but we can do it.”

So that is what we did. I prepared lunch, packed it, and drove to their house for a delightful afternoon. Now I will have to clean the downstairs sink later. I had planned on doing that just before they came to our house.

The temperature is dropping and the wind is rising. We know that one warm day, yesterday, does not mean spring is just around the corner. Leroy even wore his facemask when he walked to church today.

A book is due at the library tomorrow so I must get there somehow, I will walk, surely I will. It is only about a mile one way and I can warm up when I am there. I washed all my wool socks today and they will be dry. I never put them in the dryer, but just hang them in the basement so it takes a while. I am grateful to sheep for all of the warmth that I get from their shared coats.

Paula

No comments: