Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Strong Wind

January 13, 2009

Hello,

As with much of the Midwest we experienced a strong wind and dropping temperatures last night. I am so grateful for a warm place to be and Leroy to snuggle with in bed. Leroy is so great that he almost always goes to bed first and warms it for me.

January 14, 2009

I am disgusted. Yesterday when we had lunch I just left the computer on when I had written my letter, but not posted it. Later I came back and found the computer turned off. After turning it back on I could not find my letter.

Leroy explained, "I thought the computer was off and I pushed the button turning it off believing that I was turning it on."

"I am sure I saved my letter," I grumbled, "but I can’t find it."

Serious searching allowed me to find it but only what you see above. The rest of the brilliant piece is gone. Surely, it was brilliant. Guess I did not save as often as I thought I had. I just saved again now, how is that for learning a little bit from experience.

In spite of the cold weather, Leroy did walk to church this morning and I went out and walked this afternoon. As long as I did not go north I felt good, but eventually I had to turn and go north so I zigzagged a bit to break it up.

I balanced the checkbook and I am happy to report that the mistake that was made was accomplished by Leroy. Usually I am the culprit. Glad to have someone else share some of the glory.

Leroy and I made spaghetti tonight and added bean sprouts to the mix. We believe it was quite good and innovative. No same old same old here. Now I will not comment on the pumpkin soup that we made up with not so much success, but we are eating it anyway because a little salt helps.

Paula

No comments: