Monday, January 5, 2009

No New Job

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy got a call from another church telling him that they were not going to hire him. I felt sad because I knew that he was more interested in going there. Leroy, however, seemed to take it with good grace. He then told me this morning, "I did not sleep well and I think it is because I feel bad about that job."

Seems there are always feelings to work through or sort out. I still do not understand why so many lives seem to go in such a straight line, at least from my perspective, and we just bounce all over the place. After all I truly want to start trusting in job security again. But God says, "Trust me. Why is that so hard for you?"

We will take down our Christmas decorations soon since tomorrow is Epiphany. I will even miss that tree when it is no longer in the living room. Amazing what you can get used to and accept as a friend. I will pack the Christmas things as if we expect to move before next Christmas. Is that a step or rather a leap of faith?

Leroy and I are eating the gingerbread and enjoying it with plain lowfat yogurt and homemade sugar-free applesauce. Life can not get any healthier and tastier.

We are trying to think of something fun to do today, Leroy’s day off. So far we are not getting there. I am ready for more snow so we can cross country ski or borrow some snowshoes and go out on the trail with those. It is too cold now to ride the bike so we will try to walk some. After all we have to return library books.

Paula

No comments: