Sunday, April 26, 2020

Things to see on a walk

Hello,



Leroy and I went out for a shorter walk this morning so I could cut his hair and we could shower before church. After church we went back out to finish the walk.



On that walk Leroy first spotted the groundhog nosing around, perhaps looking for food. We were not that far from it, but there was a fence between so perhaps it felt safer to ignore, or just keep a watchful eye on us. So nice to get a good look at this animal and compare it to the flattened fauna that we had seen two days ago.



In a little bit Leroy spotted the reddest cardinal that I have seen in many days. It was beautiful, but not interested in hanging around so we could get a good look closer.



Leroy spotted all the nature things this morning. “What are those white flowers?” he wondered pointing to the blanketed hillside in the park. We walked over for a closer look, with Leroy saying, “I think they are white violets.”



When we got there I so totally disagreed, but he is convinced that they are violets. I just let the conversation drop and so did he because we were not at a meeting point.



The last thing to mention, that we notice on our walks is that we have a lot of health care workers in the neighborhood. We have seen the signs by one of the hospitals in town as well as in front of houses. One day a neighbor was out so I asked, “Is someone in your home a health care worker or are you just supporting them?”



He said with pride, “My wife is a nurse.” He gave added details as he must have been ready to talk. On a later walk, I should count the signs.



Paula

No comments: