Tuesday, April 21, 2020

More Work?

Hello,



The cupboard under the kitchen sink is now clean. The space was not very cluttered so it was a fairly easy job. Leroy works in the morning until early afternoon so I did not want to tackle anything where I might need help, such as cleaning behind the washer which sits at the entrance to a little space under the attic stairs. The intention is that one of us will go back there and clean that uncluttered but dusty space. I am a bit concerned that I might need to be pulled out. So I want Leroy available.



This afternoon we went back to the community garden for about an hour. The big difference was that we took the garden cart. Seems like it should not be a big deal, but it means that one car must be moved out. That sounds simple, but there is repair work being done to the house across the alley and often we have to have someone move a vehicle so we can get either car out of the garage. Today we were lucky because the blocking vehicle was moved just before we wanted to move the car. Also once the car is out it takes some maneuvering in the garage to extract the cart. Then after it was out, we learned that blowing up the tires was required.



Here we could load all desired tools and the proper gloves. On the way home it had quite a few weeds in buckets along with the tools and gloves. Sometimes we/Leroy talk about getting rid of the cart, but I feel it has been quite useful and I am not ready to let it go.



We brought home some cilantro that started from seed on its own. It is so nice. I still miss the lamb’s quarters and wonderful dandelions from the more fertile garden spot. I am a bit hesitant to take them from any yard because I do not know what has been put on the soil.



Paula

No comments: