Sunday, April 12, 2020

Leroy, me, and sweets

Hello,



I am quite strong about not much refined sugar or white flour in my/our diet. I do like sweets, but I do not believe they contribute to health. It is much easier for me to pass them up in the store than at home. At work, I have a reputation and people believe I never eat them. Never is a strong word. When offered sweets, if I do not feel there is a polite way to refuse, I eat the smallest helping that I can. I do not eat chocolate because it makes me nervous/upsets me. I feel fine saying that it does not agree with me. Most people seem to accept that without problem.



Our granola also has honey in it and we eat that every day. Each morning we have a bit, less than a teaspoon of honey with apple cider vinegar and water as a get started with the day drink.



Leroy does eat sweets at work. I have no real idea how often this happens. Sometimes he confesses, but often he tells me about what he did not take.



He has not been to work with other people for three weeks. So no sweet to eat! Two days ago he confessed to wanting something sweet. I should say that at home he eats jelly (Rather a fruit spread that lists the fruit as the first ingredient and sugar second.) on peanut butter and bread or a bit of molasses on unsweetened cornbread, etc. Yesterday, as an Easter treat I made gingerbread which has not sugar but quite a bit of molasses in it. I believe from Leroy’s expression he found it quite satisfying.



Paula

No comments: