Friday, April 3, 2020

Going to the Library

Hello,



Because I have my key we can get into the library. We drove there yesterday afternoon. My boss was still there. She has been putting together books and craft ideas for patrons by setting up a time when they can come get them. They do not enter, but get them from her in a hand off.



She checked out our books by using hand sanitizer and gloves. We selected them and put them in bags ourselves. Leroy found 18 books, I found 12 books, he selected 7 DVDs, and I selected 2 DVDs. We are set now for some time to come.



It was so good to see my boss again. It is the longest stretch of time for not seeing her. Usually when we meet we hug, but no touching and not even getting close was the new way.



It was also nice just to go down this familiar road.



I saw something today about how we should only go about two miles from home. Oh dear that trip was 12 miles. We do have one grocery store that close, but many people would not have that.



At the library, I learned that when I stepped sideway along a shelf that the bottom of my sneaker was coming loose. I regretfully put that pair in the garbage. The last time I walked I had noticed something but figured that I had stepped on something on the path. I do know that these shoes are recyclable, but assume that will not work at this time. These shoes were the ones I wear in the garden and such. I had been keeping them on the back porch and not bringing them in the house. Now my “good” pair is on the back porch after wearing them on a couple walks. With all the time I have I have been logging more than 10,000 steps a day it is closer to 12 or 13 thousand. Leroy often walks with me, but not so much because he is working 20 hours a week.



Paula

No comments: