Thursday, April 23, 2020

Busy Computers

Hello,



On Thursday morning our computers and the internet service gets a workout. Leroy “went” to an interactive bible study starting at 6:45 am. I stayed off the computer, but then, I usually do not use it so early in the morning except possibly to look at the weather prediction on my phone. I managed to find other things to do after I finished my devotions, but it involved a lot of wandering between the kitchen and bathroom thinking of possibilities. Leroy was sitting in an easy chair in the living room. I tried to stay out of the camera’s eye on his tablet; I also tried to be very quiet. The book I am currently reading was in my book basket by the chair where he was sitting. No computer use, no book reading, what now? Oh I can sneak down the hall and make the bed. That took all of five minutes.



At 8:00 am. I led the morning stretch with Paula Live. Before Leroy got done I was feeling a bit edgy as I like to get set up ahead of time to make sure both audio and video work properly. Finally, Leroy was in the spare bed room where he has his work computer set up. He was using the computer but not doing any video.  After I was done, I tried to look at my video and it did not play well. I wonder if it was just too much for our system to handle. Generally we do not do so much video over the lines. I was finished by 8:45 am.



Then Leroy connects to the site that he needs to have his museum staff meeting which lasts over an hour, perhaps an hour and a half. This also involves video and audio. During that time I leave the house for a nice long walk so that means I do not make noise and I do not have to listen to any of the chatter. This is one of the times when I think a larger house would be nice because we could be farther apart. Most of the time, I like the size of this place.



Paula

No comments: