Saturday, April 4, 2020

Lightness

Hello,



I suggested, to the two people who are mostly in charge, for our church book club that we meet on Zoom. Well they thought it was a great idea and that I was the one who should get it together. I said yes, but then started to stew about it almost immediately.



I did not have the book and could not get it easily as an eBook as the hold list was too long. So I made that trip to church hoping for safety in both directions. Breathing in and breathing out.



I had only done that online meeting program once and that was when daughter Sarah invited me. It worked simply. I contacted the book club group and told them, “Since I do not know what I am doing, I will set up a practice as well as the meeting.”



That was all fairly easy to send an email, but I am not truly an organizer of people person. So I spent some time fussing in my mind about it all. Yesterday I tried to set up a meeting and it just was not working. How did Sarah made it sound so quick and easy. Finally we called her and she coached me over the phone while trying to see and read my screen on face time. What we found was that the app did not give the same options as logging on the web. When I logged in on the web it was all fine. Thank you Sarah.



This morning we had our practice gathering with a portion of the group there. It was such a relief to me. I feel that a load has been lifted. One member could not get her video to show, we could hear her just fine. She logged out and came back in to the same white screen result. When we were done she sent an email to all saying that her laptop had a sticker from the company on it which covered her camera. We were all seeing the back of that sticker and it did not express much!



Paula

No comments: