Thursday, April 2, 2020

Leroy Working

Hello,



Yesterday, Leroy decided that, before this is over, he will probably finish the work that he brought home. Consequently he went in that morning after calling and learning that one other person would be in the building. He went with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes. He said there were wipes right by the door so that was no problem. He spent a little time talking to the person there, but they kept that good six foot distance apart. He brought home two heavy boxes. “I watered my plant,” he said.



“Oh you should have brought it home,” I sighed.



“I watered it, it had not been watered for two weeks and it still looked good.” He assured me.



Well in a bit I heard him exclaim, “Where is that third box? I am sure I had it ready to go. It has things in it I need!”



He went back in to fetch that box and came home with an additional box as well as the plant. Luckily the plant is not so large that it will easily fit in with the little crowd that we have here.



Our state is now one of five that is not requiring people to shelter at home. We are planning to go to the Ely Library, which is closed, to return books and get new items. No one else will be there. Somehow that seems to me to be safe for us and others. Although I wonder if I am being hypocritical going out because I believe we should be sheltering at home as an entire group. Sometimes it is hard to live up to one’s own principles.



Keep safe and think of three things you are thankful for. Today I am just thinking of none people things. I am thankful for a furnace that works efficiently, windows that let in light with a view of the outside world, and a washer in the flat.



Paula

No comments: