Thursday, April 16, 2020

Sore Arm and shoulder

Hello,



Yesterday my upper arm and shoulder hurt. I even woke up early and could not go back to sleep because of it. Upon rising I learned that it hurt to raise my arm. I had noticed some discomfort for about two days before.



The muscle which knots up at the back of my neck was rock solid, not a good sign. When I poked into the arm muscles a hard rolling mass could be found. I started trying to use my arm against the pain because it seemed like muscle stress to me. I do not like to favor that place because I believe that stretching and working it is the solution. I had not been doing much yoga and almost no Tai Chi. Not good!



Leroy used to give me forceful messages for my neck/shoulder area. That has not happened for a long time, maybe even a year or two. Yesterday he worked on those spots two or three times. I also did a session of yoga. By the time I went to bed I could lift my arm more comfortably. I was pleased as could be to wake this morning and find the pain gone.



I did morning stretch live for the library. Yoga is already on the schedule for tomorrow. No more slacking off for this chick.



When Leroy and I walked this afternoon Leroy smugly commented, “There is no ground hog out today.”



“Are you insinuating that I am the reason that we do not see one?” I wondered.



He nodded just a bit. He has seen one on each of his last two solitary walks. Humph!



Paula

No comments: