Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Daily Life

Hello,



We all want to go back to closer greeting and human contact, but it appears to be a target moving down the future. In the meantime we connect through that relatively new way on the Internet. When I first heard about scientist connecting on projects through email, I could not imagine that I would ever really use it. That was in 1990. Now I can spend hours a day connected to one thing or another. Life without this connectivity is almost unimaginable.



I have participated in two book clubs, one yoga session, family gatherings, several church services, and two spiritual mentor meetings.



Leroy and I could have managed on our own but life would have been very different.



How casually we accepted face to face meetings! They seemed to be so ordinary. Now the very idea is worthy of respect. Because my children all live at some distance and have for many years I never took that contact for granted.



I or we, because Leroy helps from time to time, spend time putting a jigsaw puzzle together. Leroy does not really like to do them. He finds it more of a struggle than a pleasure. I usually like to do them, but have found this to be hard. Finally now almost half of it is in place and it calls to me frequently. I can see the possibilities more easily. I think there were too many pieces on the table for individual ones to be noted. I had gathered many that I knew went together, but it still did not help. Yesterday I placed all those “tree” pieces on a paper and put them on the desk. To my surprise I started doing the rest of the puzzle more easily. The next step was to add in the tree pieces and it worked. Perhaps it helps to “think outside the box”.



Paula

No comments: