Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who Knew?

Hello,

This morning walking in the park we saw a bike rider. I was pleased to note that there were four bikes on the rack at the middle school. A couple riders went past our house as well. Leroy put our bikes away and neither of us is very eager to bring them back out. The weather fluctuates quite a lot and we like to keep the bikes warm.

While walking in the park Sunday afternoon, I heard a crack above me and then a solid thump on the ground about five feet away. I yelped and looked in time to see a squirrel twisting and thrashing to get from its back to its feet before scampering off. I looked up to see where it might have come from, but there were only very high branches up there. I wondered if the branch broke bringing this guy to the ground in a hurry.

Tonight Leroy and I are going to lead the music and worship for a kids gathering that happens once a month. It is pre-school to fifth grade. I had been saving oatmeal containers because I hate to throw them away. They will be drums and I have 14 of them to use for that purpose. Can you imagine that Leroy and I have eaten so much oatmeal since we have been here? This is the 42 ounce size. We have it every morning for breakfast, make granola, and make some apple crisps. The oats growers should be happy.

We get more junk mail here than we have in other early months after a move. I wonder what that means. Because the state of Iowa thinks I still live in Chariton even though I sent a letter telling them I have moved. We renewed the car license and their records showed that I did not live here. Also many businesses think the former residents are still here. We have even gotten some of their mail at Christmas. I was so surprised to see that. Also when I look myself up on the Internet they still do not have this address for me. Maybe I can just hide out for a while.

Paula

No comments: