Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Found

Hello,

This morning, while at church for a bible study I glanced at the table with piles of green hymnals to be given away. Sure enough second one down in the first pile was a spiral bound copy. Sure enough it had my name in it. Good thing I had written my name in there. Sometimes I neglect that task. The book is now home and on the shelf. I do remember laying my things down. I suppose somehow that book did not remain in the pile, someone saw it, and helpfully tidied up putting it on the stack with its mates. Now if that lost star and my lost slides could turn up so easily.

Late yesterday afternoon Leroy and I got out the cross country skis. It was an easy walk over to the park. For reasons unknown Leroy had a time getting his skis and boots to hook up. After that and a good part of the way his mood was restored. Maybe by the end he might have had a bit of fun even though the wind was coming up and the temperature was going down. Someone else had been there ahead of us so we just followed their trail. That makes it easier. We are out of exercise, but not too much? I was pleased to see that we were not the only ones.

Last night we went downtown, here we literally go down, for a concert. Leroy was low on his library book supply so we went there first. I, on the other hand, seem not to be able to read my books fast enough as I renew to the limit. I refrained from getting any more even though I get a lot of pleasure from checking out books.

The concert was very good. Because we got all that snow and wondered if the roads might be slippery we would have stayed home if we had not gotten season tickets. As it turned out the roads were ok and the piano, violin, and cello were professionals that played with sparkle in spite of the small audience. I was happy that we had gone.

Paula

No comments: