Monday, January 3, 2011

Exciting Times

Hello,

There is always something new and different even in the most ordinary things.

When going through airport security on the way home the guy pulled my metal water bottle out and asked, “Is this yours?”

“Yes,” I answered. I was sure it was empty, but asked anyway, “Does it have something in it?”

“No, but we need to give it a special scan,” he said as he took it off to another place.

In a bit he came back and told me, “We need to do a special scan of your hand.”

He had brought an unusual scanner with him and he proceeded to scan the pads of my fingers. After that he gave back my water bottle.

The other excitement was on the highway. Leroy, who almost always obeys every law as carefully as he can, blatantly broke two traffic rules. I aided and abetted as I urged him on.

We went past the exit for the airport when arriving. There was a sign clearly stating no u-turns, but since no cars were coming I convinced him to make a u-turn anyway. Then on the way home, we were in the wrong lane to make a left turn onto the road that would help get us home. At the traffic light he waited until the cars in the left lane were gone and then turned left too. Again there were no cars behind us. All of this saved us quite a lot of time, but Leroy is not very comfortable with such disregard for law and order.

Paula

No comments: