Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Walking

Hello,

Because Leroy had to be at the Dentist office when it opened we did not take a walk this morning. I will get out when I am finished with this. It will be a treat to walk in the light and see where my foot is going down.

Leroy’s teeth are fine, but they could not be cleaned. Apparently, the hygienist is far behind and they made an appointment for cleaning in six months. If there is a cancellation they will call him. It seems strange to me since I had no trouble getting my teeth cleaned. He went to a different dentist, but in the same group that I did.

I had volunteered to work on the church library fiction by myself just because the boxes of books have been sitting there for a long time. The woman in charge told me that someone was going to read or scan through the fiction to see if she thought it should be on the shelf. When I called that person she knew nothing about it. In addition she made the comment that she felt the church library did not need fiction as she would not look there for a fiction book. She would go to the city library. What do you think? Should a church library have fiction books? Especially given limited shelf space or does that matter? Here I thought this was a simple task that I could finish in a few days. I will talk again tomorrow with the woman who is in charge of the library and we might find a solution.

I miss making bread. We had so much left over after our bread making activity that I froze quite a bit. The freezer is small so I try to keep using foods in a timely fashion creating space in order to get more food in later. Also I do not like to have bread be in there very long. But I miss getting my hands in the dough.

Yesterday I thought it was a perfect day to chat. I called my sister only to find she was in town. I called a friend only to find she was out of the state. I called another friend only to find she was in a meeting. So much for calling! What good is a phone if no one is home? If you want to chat just call me.

Paula

No comments: